I’ve only recently started tumbling. When I did so, I did it over at soup.io. Unfortunately, it sent me screaming (mentally) back to this old tumblr account I hadn’t used. Having used soup actively (albeit only a few days), here’s why soup isn’t for me:
Aug 31, 2007
- It breaks too frequently for my tastes.
- It doesn’t allow html in posts, at least not that I could figure out.
- It’s a lot less customizable than tumblr.
- Tumblr’s interface is nicer.
- Did I mention that I absolutely hate being locked into a “wysiwyg” (bold, italics, links that extend until the freakin’ end of the post) interface?